[SciPy-Dev] requesting code review: added close matches to constants.codata.value()

Paul Kuin npkuin at gmail.com
Wed Apr 30 16:07:59 EDT 2014

Not being familiar with this module, I loaded constants.  It would be nice
if the doc would point to the more extensive documentation in
constants.codata.  Without this discussion I would be lost.

On Wed, Apr 30, 2014 at 8:20 PM, Kevin Davies <kdavies4 at gmail.com> wrote:

>  I addressed some coding issues (thanks to Robert Kern) and submitted a
> pull request:
> https://github.com/scipy/scipy/pull/3595
> I attached some screenshots.
>
> This change adds support for shell-style wildcards in codata.find().  If
> disp=True and no exact matches are found in _current_constants, then exact
> matches are shown from _obsolete_constants.  If there are no exact matches
> in _obsolete_constants, then close matches are shown from
> _current_constants.
>
> I hope this is a good compromise based on the discussion here.

* * * * * * * * http://www.mssl.ucl.ac.uk/~npmk/ * * * *
Dr. N.P.M. Kuin      (n.kuin at ucl.ac.uk)
phone +44-(0)1483 (prefix) -204927 (work)
mobile +44(0)7806985366  skype ID: npkuin
Mullard Space Science Laboratory  – University College London  –
Holmbury St Mary – Dorking – Surrey RH5 6NT–  U.K.