[SciPy-Dev] Scipy 1.0 roadmap - wavelets

Ralf Gommers ralf.gommers at gmail.com
Sat Sep 28 12:28:17 EDT 2013

On Fri, Sep 27, 2013 at 10:29 AM, Daπid <davidmenhur at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 26 September 2013 19:24, Ralf Gommers <ralf.gommers at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> David, you help is very welcome!
>

> Ok, I am forking the repository. Any suggestion on where to start?
>
> Looking at the open issues, I think the most important are creating the
> tests. What is your status?
>
> BTW, installing pywt on Linux I get:

> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>
>   File
> "/usr/lib64/python2.7/site-packages/PyWavelets-0.2.2-py2.7-linux-x86_64.egg/pywt/__init__.py",
> line 15, in <module>
>     from ._pywt import *
>   File "_pywt.pyx", line 24, in init pywt._pywt
> (/home/david/gits/pywt/src/_pywt.c:16572)
> ImportError: No module named tools.six
>
> But it is not in the requirements.

It's not an external requirement but shipped in src/pywt/tools/. Due to
setuptools weirdness the whole tests/ and tools/ dirs are missing when
installing into site-packages. I hadn't noticed because I use in-place
builds to develop. Issue at https://github.com/rgommers/pywt/issues/28.
Converting the source tree to a more standard layout for Python projects
will fix it, I'll go do that.

Ralf