[SciPy-Dev] Scipy 1.0 roadmap - wavelets

Ralf Gommers ralf.gommers at gmail.com
Thu Sep 26 13:24:30 EDT 2013

On Thu, Sep 26, 2013 at 2:12 PM, Pauli Virtanen <pav at iki.fi> wrote:

> Daπid <davidmenhur <at> gmail.com> writes:
> [clip]
> > http://www.pybytes.com/pywavelets
> >
> > I can step in, if someone helps and guides me.
>
> I think Ralf is already gone almost the whole way in integrating
> this. I'm sure he could use some help, though.
>

> @Ralf: was your current code somewhere available?

Yes, https://github.com/rgommers/pywt. That turned into a slightly larger
refactoring (or rewrite) than I had planned. Next step is to finish
converting the doctests in doc/source/regression/ to proper unit tests.
After that the found issue(s) need to be fixed. I've opened and closed
issues for TODOs, https://github.com/rgommers/pywt/issues.

The idea is to finish the rewrite without breaking the API, then submit
that back to upstream. I'm not sure whether or not that's still being
actively developed, but it's the right thing to do. After that it can be
cpnverted to a scipy.signal subpackage easily, and only at that point I
want to think about cleaning up the API where needed.

David, you help is very welcome!

Cheers,
Ralf