[SciPy-Dev] Quadpack conversion to Fortran

Pauli Virtanen pav at iki.fi
Wed Oct 9 14:43:31 EDT 2013

09.10.2013 21:35, Nathan Woods kirjoitti:
> I gather that there's not an established template for how to do this sort
> of thing?
>
> For instance, is there some other part of SciPy where someone has
> integrated Cython (say) with low-level libraries such that callbacks to
> python are avoided?

No, this thing was added as a quick hack. As I wrote in my other mail,
this should be generalized to a form where the same mechanism can be
reused also in different places.

It might also be desirable to not tie it in with Ctypes at all; [*] we
might just want to have a scipy.CFunction which would provide the
restricted subset of arbitrary parameter passing we want to support, and
in a form that it easy to deal with in C. As you can see from the `quad`
C code, Ctypes is a bit painful here.

[*] Of course, conversion from Ctypes function pointers could be
    provided.

--
Pauli Virtanen