[SciPy-Dev] Simple arithmetic with scipy.stats.distributions

josef.pktd at gmail.com josef.pktd at gmail.com
Sun Nov 24 07:17:57 EST 2013

On Sun, Nov 24, 2013 at 5:49 AM, Jaidev Deshpande
<deshpande.jaidev at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Sun, Nov 24, 2013 at 11:41 AM, Padarn Wilson <padarn at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I was wondering if anyone else would interested in having some simple
>> arithmetic functionality for 'distributions'? So that for example you could
>> add distributions, then sample from them, get the pdf/cdf etc.

How do you want to do that or what do you have in mind here?
some analytical calculations or Monte Carlo propagation?

https://pypi.python.org/pypi/soerp looks interesting (based on
browsing it's documentation)

> I agree. I for one would love to have a NumPy equivalent of the
> `sample` function in R.

What does this do that we don't have yet in numpy ?
np.random.choice ?

Josef