[SciPy-Dev] new tests in sparse

Blake Griffith blake.a.griffith at gmail.com
Fri May 31 17:49:54 EDT 2013

Hello scipy,
I'm in the process of adding new tests for sparse matrices with dtype=bool,
while I'm at it, I thought it would be a good idea to add tests for other
dtypes. Currently all the tests are for int64 and float64.

There is some canonical data defined in test_base.py. I use this to make
data with all the supported dtypes. Then I change the tests that use
this canonical data to iterate over this data with different dtypes
(including bool).

Does this sound ok? It will make running test_base.py a bit slower. You can
see my work here:

https://github.com/cowlicks/scipy/commits/official-bool-support