[SciPy-Dev] sparse bool dtype support

Blake Griffith blake.a.griffith at gmail.com
Thu May 30 16:08:23 EDT 2013

@Pauli, changing the order of the INSTANTIATE_ALL definition by putting
npy_bool_wrapper first actually did fix things :) I'm not sure why order
matters here, yet. But there is a comment just above this definition that
states:

  /*

  * Order is important here, list int before float, float before
  * double, scalar before complex, etc.
  */

And since order does matter, having npy_bool_wrapper first probably is not
optimal. So I'm trying to figure the relevance of ordering these things and
what a proper order should be.

Anyway, now I can use the toarray method with dtype=bool sparse matrices. I
also ran scipy.sparse.test.test_base.py and got
FAILED (SKIP=122,errors=16) the same number as before. So it doesn't seem
like I broke anything new, but the test suite doesn't really do cross dtype
checking.