[SciPy-Dev] How to load sample data's respective static files (SPC)

Pauli Virtanen pav at iki.fi
Sat Mar 30 12:45:30 EDT 2013

30.03.2013 18:15, Surya Kasturi kirjoitti:
> Please let me know if you can help me on the below things:
>
> During the development, after loading sample data using ``./manage.py
> loaddata sample``
>
> It does load submissions, revisions. However, what about their
> respective static files (in case of snippets, libraries) that should be
> restored to "static_root/code" directory along with their respective .hg
> repos
>
> When ever we edit those sample snippets they are raising IOError
> pointing to those respective static files..

I don't know, but I suspect Django doesn't have builtin functionality
for this. You'll need to browse through the Django docs to see if
there's a hook for this.

However, it's likely not worth your time to try to find out how to do
it. It's just some placeholder lorem ipsum data.

The sample dataset should be split into two parts --- one fixture that
contains the tag and license definitions etc. (stuff that is actually
useful), and the second part with the lorem ipsum.

--
Pauli Virtanen