[SciPy-Dev] running into errors in scipycentral

Surya Kasturi suryak at ieee.org
Sat Mar 2 10:21:48 EST 2013

On Sat, Mar 2, 2013 at 7:36 PM, Surya Kasturi <suryak at ieee.org> wrote:

>>> test

>>> this

>>> HTML.

>>> webserver?

>>> the

>>> Is the problem solved? Source code looks fine to me; the deploy/
>>> directory should get created by the ensure_dir call.
>>>
>>> @Kevin: Any specific reason why you used string addition and os.sep
>>> instead of os.path.join to create paths? The manual adding seems more
>>> error-prone to me. But maybe this is not the problem after all ... as I
>>> said I cannot test on Windows.
>>>
>> I spared some time to fix it this weekend (today).
>> I really don't know whether its caused due to os.sep or os.path or os.dir
>> ... etc things -- It was a blind guess..
>>

>>> A.

> Hey, I just had a look at the source code, where its causing error..
> Here is the piece of info I found:
>
> In call_sphinx_to_compile(working_dir) function, (rest_comments/views.py
> file)
>
> I guess working_dir variable is going wrong! I don't know but, when I
> overwritten its variable with absolute dir location of "deploy/compile" in
> my system, the code passed the function successfully,
>
> However, it again went wrong in the subsequent stages where working_dir is
> involved.. (line 236)
>
> obj = pickle.load(fhand)
>

> I guess this is where something is malfunctioning..
>
> Actually, as you guys are quite familiar with the code (than me . still
> getting along with it slowly).. I thought sharing this info with you might
> help fix the bug easily

*I think I fixed it :)* However, there are some concerns. Please go through
them and let me know!

here it is:

1. the settings.SPC['comment_compile_dir'] value is "compile". However,
this isn't working...
But when I tried with a absolute location (ex:
"d:/code/scipycentral/deploy/compile") it worked!!

2. There is no "email_website_admin.txt" in the "submission" templates. So,
it raised TemplateDoesNotExist when I clicked "finish submission". I just
created an empty file with that name and it worked.. (Don't know what its
for -- didn't go through this stuff) Anyways, what its for? Why it is not
present?

3. There is a EOFError with pickle.load() inside ./rest_comments/views.py
Line 236, 235.

Here in Line 235, its written as

with open(pickle_f, 'r') as fhand:

However, with reference to this discussion:
http://stackoverflow.com/q/700873/1162468

I tried

with open(pickle_f, 'rb') as fhand:

------

After all these tweaking.. things going smooth.

Now, it would be great if you could try these on your local machines and
let me know..

Thanks

Surya