[SciPy-Dev] running into errors in scipycentral

Andreas Hilboll lists at hilboll.de
Sat Mar 2 06:55:43 EST 2013

>>> Apparently, scipycentral uses Sphinx to compile the rst markup to HTML.
>>> It seems like you didn't set up the Sphinx suite, at least, sphinx is
>>> complaining about a missing config.
>>>
>>> A.
>>>
>> I do have Sphinx. I guess its unable to find ./deploy/compile/conf.py
> right? All I think is that there must be a bug with os.path..
>> Note: I am on windows
>
> Maybe it will help to see a directory listing on the deployed webserver?
> http://pastebin.com/ph3ReddB
>
> I seem to remember using "os.sep" everywhere, instead of hard coding the
> directory separator, but I might have missed one or two instances.
>
> Kevin

Is the problem solved? Source code looks fine to me; the deploy/
directory should get created by the ensure_dir call.

@Kevin: Any specific reason why you used string addition and os.sep
instead of os.path.join to create paths? The manual adding seems more
error-prone to me. But maybe this is not the problem after all ... as I
said I cannot test on Windows.

A.