[SciPy-Dev] Scipy Central logo

Matthias BUSSONNIER bussonniermatthias at gmail.com
Thu Jan 31 12:15:28 EST 2013

Dear Pierre,

Le 31 janv. 2013 à 17:01, Pierre Haessig a écrit :

> * or bit funnier: random map orientation ! (each page refresh could
> point to another random map from a prerendered pool)

I think you have a pretty good idea, it make me think of MIT Media lab random Logo [1],
But I think we can do better.

Like this nice page does with an animated SVG :
http://www.xn--ole-9la.net/eolienne-anim.html (éole.net with unicode characters for browser that support it)

and inspired by
http://bl.ocks.org/4282586 (d3 js : Three axis rotation, orthographic view )

I'm sure one could make the Scipy Logo animated.

It would have the advantage of also making the resources cacheable, but we should,
of course have a fallback on a renderd.

I'll let you imagine what can be done with geolocalisation  and time of the day.
Lot's of good example here : http://bl.ocks.org/mbostock

Cheers,
--
Matthias