[SciPy-Dev] 2D histogram: request for plotting variable bin size

Frank Breitling fbreitling at aip.de
Thu Jan 31 10:32:21 EST 2013

Hi Sturla,

My experience with pcolor was that is was very slow.
Pcolormesh was significantly faster but compared to imshow is still very
slow.
However, while imshow produces smooth interpolations between the
discrete frequencies I didn't find a similar option with pcolormesh and
so the results were not useful.
You can see it in the imshow and pcolormesh images attached.

Frank