[SciPy-Dev] Electronics student with programming background - Like to participate in SciPy - Write some code and learn!

Daniel Smith smith.daniel.br at gmail.com
Tue Jan 22 14:26:24 EST 2013

Hello,

I am also looking for ways to contribute to Scipy. I have experience
with Python, C/C++ and limited experience with the Numpy C API. In
particular, I have some code implementing the kernel density estimator
bandwidth selection algorithm from the following paper:

Z. I. Botev, J. F. Grotowski, and D. P. Kroese. Kernel density
estimation via diffusion. The Annals of Statistics, 38(5):2916–2957,
2010.

That method is more resilient to multi-modal data than the standard
plug-in estimators. I would love to add that method to the current
SciPy stats package if there is interest.

Thanks,
Daniel