[SciPy-Dev] scipycentral design done.

Surya Kasturi suryak at ieee.org
Wed Feb 27 20:37:00 EST 2013

On Thu, Feb 28, 2013 at 1:15 AM, Andreas Hilboll <lists at hilboll.de> wrote:

> > The design part of Scipy Central is done. I have used gh-pages (Jekyll)
> > for developing.
> >
> > There might be some minor things require to be done. Might have forgot
> > about them or Was a bit in hurry to post my update here :)
> >
> > Home Page: http://ksurya.github.com/SciPyCentral/preview/
> > Code page: http://ksurya.github.com/SciPyCentral/preview/snippet.html
> > Search page: http://ksurya.github.com/SciPyCentral/preview/search.html
> > Submit page: http://ksurya.github.com/SciPyCentral/preview/submit.html
> > Sign in page: http://ksurya.github.com/SciPyCentral/preview/signin.html
> > About page: http://ksurya.github.com/SciPyCentral/preview/about.html
> >
> > I might have overlooked some pages but can be done while tweaking the
> > actual django template.
> >
> > Please let me know if there are any changes needed..
> > Especially I am looking to hear about "font-size", "font-color",
> > "font-style"..
> >
> > And, Till now, I didn't care much about compatibility issues. This is
> > working nicely on firefox, chrome with 1366 x 768 screen (my screen)..
> >
> > I am looking if anyone code try on other screens you got and let me know
> > via screen shots if there's any bug!
> >
> > (I guess I need to personally verify on MS-IE)
> >
> > Looking for your suggestions, comments, critiques ...
>
> Nice :) Thank you, Surya, for doing this! I think this is really a very
> clear design.
>
> I'm in a hurry now and will comment on the font stuff later; however I'm
> a bit disappointed to see that the logo is not in there. You don't like
> it? Or it just didn't fit?
>
> Cheers, Andreas.

Yeah, forgot to mention -- we even need to discuss about "logo" part of
site! The one which is on the above pages is done in "Gimp" in less than a
minute.. just to make sure that there is a logo when developing..

That scipy-globe image is very nice but didn't know where to put.. We can
put this logo along with current one but, at that small size, it looses its
beauty.