[SciPy-Dev] Scipy Central Home Page .. finally

josef.pktd at gmail.com josef.pktd at gmail.com
Sun Feb 17 07:36:36 EST 2013

On Sun, Feb 17, 2013 at 7:08 AM, Surya Kasturi <suryak at ieee.org> wrote:

> On Sun, Feb 17, 2013 at 10:43 AM, Fernando Perez <fperez.net at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>>
>> On Sat, Feb 16, 2013 at 9:03 PM, Surya Kasturi <suryak at ieee.org> wrote:
>> > Does it look any modern? Actually, my background is more inclined
>> > towards
>> > Python.. Joined to write some python.. but somehow, I scipycentral found
>> > intetesting (may be because, there is a lot to do on it -- and I could
>> > do it
>> > from scratch).

scipy.signal is waiting for improvements, but I and, I think, we all
appreciate the improvements to scipy-central.

>> Minor suggestion: use sans serif fonts.  Those small serif ones really
>> don't work very well in normal screen resolutions...
>>
>> Cheers, and thanks for working on this!
>>

> Please take a look into another page:
> http://ksurya.github.com/scipy-central-design/snippet.html
> previous was home page.. this is how a snippet page might look like..
> (Note: the syntax highlighting was done using pygments.. I just used <pre>
> here.. don't worry abt that one.)

I like the design, it's *much* better than the blue.

two minor points
is it possible to use a darker blue for the links (especially the side bar)?

in the matlab fileexchange I usually check the date for created and
updated. time stamp of first version, time stamp of this version.   I
don't know if that's easy to get here.

What we haven't discussed yet in this thread is a commenting system.
IIRC, last time we discussed this, the general opinion was that this
would be useful to have, but noone worked on it.

Josef