[SciPy-Dev] Add a "Wrapping Code From Other Languages" section to topical-software

Ralf Gommers ralf.gommers at gmail.com
Mon Dec 23 03:20:10 EST 2013

On Mon, Dec 23, 2013 at 8:33 AM, mir amicitas <amicitas at gmail.com> wrote:

> Dear Scipy-dev,
>
> I would like to add a new section to the topical-software page for
> wrapping code in Matlab, IDL etc.  Some of these tools are currently listed
> in Miscellaneous, while they would naturally fall under "Running Code
> Written In Other Languages".  As part of this I will add a new link to the
> package pyidlrpc (https://bitbucket.org/amicitas/pyidlrpc/) which can be
> used to wrap IDL code.
>
> My specific suggestion is to add a section under:
> "Running Code Written In Other Languages"
>
> With the title:
> "Wrapping/Executing Code in Other Languages"
>
> Under this heading I will add the MATLAB and IDL excecution/wrapping
> libraries.

Hi Novimir, that topic could indeed use some attention. Your proposed title
is almost the same as
http://scipy.org/topical-software.html#running-code-written-in-other-languagesthough.
Would it make sense to add separate a separate subsection under it
for Matlab/IDL/R? Collecting your new link, some Matlab links that are in
other places and RPy which is under "basic science".

> Please reply with any comments.  Otherwise I will make a pull request with
> the above changes.

A PR would be very welcome.

Ralf