[SciPy-Dev] Callback for SLSQP minimization

Matthias Kümmerer matthias at matthias-k.org
Mon Dec 2 11:40:02 EST 2013

Hi,

in scipy.optimize, there is at the moment no possibility to add a callback
function when minimizing using the SLSQP method. I was wondering whether there
is some deeper reason for that. If there are no reasons against that, I would
like to implement a callback for this method. Guessing from the code, it
should be quite easy. I thought, the callback should be called after each
function evaluation in _minimize_slsqp, that is around [1].

By the way: Is it better to discuss this kind of question on the mailing list,
or should I open an issue in GitHub for such things?

Best,
  Matthias

[1] https://github.com/scipy/scipy/blob/v0.13.0/scipy/optimize/slsqp.py#L353