[SciPy-Dev] Many Problems Building w/ MKL 11, ifort, icc; scipy.test() Fails w/ Undefined Symbols

Will Buckner wbuckner at beatsmusic.com
Thu Aug 29 02:47:21 EDT 2013

Thanks, but, I had already added them to ld.so.conf.d/ and ran ldconfig. I
eventually got it to run without LD_RUN_PATH somehow by removing everything
in build/ (had previously been running python setup.py clean) and finally
got everything to work fairly sanely with:

[mkl]
library_dirs = /opt/intel/mkl/lib/intel64:/opt/intel/lib/intel64
include_dirs = /opt/intel/mkl/include:/opt/intel/include
mkl_libs =  mkl_def, mkl_intel_lp64, mkl_intel_thread, mkl_core, mkl_mc,
iomp5
lapack_libs =

> Also, isn't libmkl_mc specific to the mic architecture? I don't think
it's necessary to explicitly link against it. Instead, libiomp5, libimf and
libirc are libraries I often find are required.

So I know nothing about the MKL stack, or BLAS for that matter. Intel docs
say "Kernel library for processors based on the Intel(R) Core(TM)
microarchitecture". My CPUs are "Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E7- 4860  @ 2.27GHz".
Also keep in mind, this is MKL 11 and a lot has changed since
9x, apparently, and it seems most everyone writing docs on MKL w/
SciPy/NumPy is using older MKL. What I really want to figure out is how to
get "mkl_rt" working properly.

Should I have something in lapack_libs?

Thanks!