[SciPy-Dev] issues trac migration review

Skipper Seabold jsseabold at gmail.com
Mon Apr 22 15:42:43 EDT 2013

On Mon, Apr 22, 2013 at 3:06 PM, Ralf Gommers <ralf.gommers at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 22, 2013 at 8:45 PM, Skipper Seabold <jsseabold at gmail.com>
>> If we want different issue labels, let me know. It's probably easier
>> to format them now than to do it later.
>

> There are several components that should be removed (pyem, numexpr,
> linsolve, svm, maxentropy).

Will do.

> The colors also need tweaking, but that can be done later.

Yeah, this is actually easier to do through the web ui.

>> Anything else?
>

> Attachments. This is a bigger issue for scipy than it was for numpy, and we
> don't really have a good solution I think. Were you planning to leave the
> old ones at Trac, and keep that alive for a long time? We don't need new
> patches as attachment, but we do need something for data files.

I don't have control of the trac machine, but I assume the server will
be left on in a read-only state.

As for new data submissions...well...open issue I guess. Github
accepts image attachments and posts them to their server on amazon. I
assume this functionality will be extended at some point. They've been
talking about it for 4 years now. We could instruct people to use
e-mail attachments and post them to the list then link to the message
in the issue?

Skipper