[SciPy-Dev] scipy.test() runs 0 tests

Skipper Seabold jsseabold at gmail.com
Tue May 22 14:20:09 EDT 2012

On Tue, May 22, 2012 at 11:39 AM, Junkshops <junkshops at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Hopefully I'm not doing something too stupid here, but I've googled
> around quite a bit and can't seem to find any tips. Perhaps my google-fu
> is not strong enough. Anyway, I built scipy 0.11.0 in place, seemingly
> successfully, in ~/git/scipy. Ubuntu version is 12.04. I haven't added
> scipy 0.11 to the pypath yet so I'm running in the parent dir.

How did you build scipy? This works fine for me, though you'll want to
run the tests from the command line since you're not putting scipy on
the path.

[~/src/scipy-skipper] (master)
|11 $ nosetests scipy
<snip>
Ran 6116 tests in 387.441s

FAILED (SKIP=28, errors=16, failures=19)

Otherwise, you might try doing

nosetest --exe scipy

though I can't imagine why the tests would have the executable bit set
in your source directory.