[SciPy-Dev] ipython notebook for docs/examples

Jacob VanderPlas vanderplas at astro.washington.edu
Sun May 13 20:39:43 EDT 2012

Hi Alex,
At the ipython/scikit-learn sprint after PyCon this spring there were
some people taking a look at this.  I'm not sure what progress was made,
but people were considering creating an ipython plugin for sphinx, so
that sphinx docs could be exported to ipython notebooks just like they
can now be exported to html or pdf.  Then in the sphinx build, each page
of the documentation could automatically include a link to an associated
ipython notebook.

Perhaps someone else can give an update about any progress that's been
made in this area: I agree that it could be a very useful feature in the
documentation of a lot of python projects
   Jake