[SciPy-Dev] Ubuntu version of scipy is lagging

Pauli Virtanen pav at iki.fi
Sat Mar 24 09:50:30 EDT 2012

24.03.2012 14:08, James Phillips kirjoitti:
> The new version of Ubuntu, 12.04, is in beta and soon to be released -
> it continues to use scipy version 0.9.0:
>
> http://packages.ubuntu.com/search?keywords=python-scipy&searchon=names&suite=precise&section=all
> <http://packages.ubuntu.com/search?keywords=python-scipy&searchon=names&suite=precise&section=all>
>
> and not the current scipy version 0.10.1.  How does this get updated in
> Ubuntu?  My concern is that scipy will continue to improve except in Ubuntu.

By getting the version in Debian updated -- scipy in Ubuntu is probably
just synced from there:
http://packages.qa.debian.org/p/python-scipy.html

Probably needs someone either to step up and do whatever needs to be
done (what this is can probably be found out by asking on a suitable
Debian mailing list), or to prod the current package maintainers until
they do something.

--
Pauli Virtanen