[SciPy-Dev] Procedure for new code submission (pyHHT)

Paul Kuin npkuin at gmail.com
Sat Jun 9 02:47:38 EDT 2012

It was my understanding that patents developed under research
contracts for NASA were encumbered with restrictions that allow the
free use for teaching and (federally funded) research, but that may
have changed in recent years. Perhaps it would be good to check if
such a restriction is on the patent. A question to ask NASA?, or was
there something passed into law that applies to all software developed
with federal funding?  Been away from the US for a while now, so it
might have changed.  But clearly, for any other use, the user will
have to get a licence (in the US).  Are there export restrictions ?

--
   Paul  Kuin