[SciPy-Dev] contributing and maintainers docs

Ralf Gommers ralf.gommers at googlemail.com
Mon Jun 4 11:27:10 EDT 2012

On Mon, Jun 4, 2012 at 4:33 PM, Denis Laxalde <denis at laxalde.org> wrote:

> Ralf Gommers a écrit :
> > If
> > module maintainers could add some details on current status/issues and
> > future plans and directions for development, that would be great.
>
> What level of details is expected here?

Something quite high-level I think, say between one sentence and two
paragraphs. The constants and weave parts are one sentence, and that's
enough. For large modules like stats or sparse I'd say one paragraph on
status (what chucks of functionality are/aren't tested or documented, where
are improvements needed) and one paragraph on future plans that developers
have or that have been discussed on the list before.

> Wouldn't it make more sense to put this kind of information in a wiki?

That tends to be maintained less well, can't be included in the refguide
and can be easily spammed. Those are also reasons why we'd like to move the
website from wiki-based to Sphinx-generated.

> (BTW, some times ago, it was suggested that the development wiki could
> be in github, is there a consensus on this?)

I thought so.

Ralf