[SciPy-Dev] SciPy.org Website Move and Redesign

Ralf Gommers ralf.gommers at googlemail.com
Fri Jul 27 02:17:13 EDT 2012

On Fri, Jul 27, 2012 at 12:21 AM, Charles R Harris <
charlesr.harris at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Jul 26, 2012 at 3:59 PM, Pauli Virtanen <pav at iki.fi> wrote:
>
>> Charles R Harris <charlesr.harris <at> gmail.com> writes:
>> [clip]
>> > I think the www.scipy.org site looks a lot nicer than
>> > the replacement, which still looks unfinished.
>>
>> Well, it *is* unfinished, and the point in this thread was to make
>> it finished. The current state is not very relevant for this discussion.
>>

> May I suggest making it look more like the www.scipy.org site then? I
> think that site looks pretty good.

Well, I'd be interested to see what someone with some design talent could
do. scipy.org doesn't look that good imho. And can we please lose the baby
blue background? The days of hand-written html with plain colored
backgrounds are over.

A more interesting discussion is the content. scipy.org talks about the
*project* scipy, while http://scipy.github.com/ is about the *ecosystem*.
I'd prefer the front page to be about the ecosystem, and have a new page
about the project.

Ralf