[SciPy-Dev] Summarizing the scikit-signal discussion

Travis Oliphant travis at continuum.io
Fri Jan 13 17:17:05 EST 2012

I wish you all well.   I think this is unfortunate, however.

I think it would be better to make a branch of scipy.signal and develop all you want there.    There is a need for active development in scipy.signal.

But, I can understand wanting a faster development cycle and wanting less interference with design decisions based on a larger project goals until you are farther along.

Ultimately, I'm excited people will be writing more signal processing code for Python.

-Travis