[SciPy-Dev] usage of inspect.getargspec ?

Travis Oliphant travis at continuum.io
Fri Jan 6 22:05:36 EST 2012

For the record, I don't think you are being inappropriately grumpy.   Your feedback is exactly the kind required and valued.   If you think something stinks, you should speak up.  Olfactory sensors can be damaged in others.

This discussion is about at least 2 things as far as I can see:

	1) Using an API that allows a single callable to have different signatures and purposes
	2) Using inspect.getargspec

Clearly inspect is seen as too fragile.  I don't disagree.  I don't weight the impact of that as highly as others in this particular case.

But, is it also felt that #1 is untenable?

-Travis