[SciPy-Dev] gaussian_kde changes - review request

josef.pktd at gmail.com josef.pktd at gmail.com
Sun Jan 1 13:49:48 EST 2012

On Sat, Dec 31, 2011 at 5:50 AM, Ralf Gommers
<ralf.gommers at googlemail.com> wrote:

> On Sat, Dec 31, 2011 at 11:44 AM, Robert Kern <robert.kern at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> On Sat, Dec 31, 2011 at 10:36, Ralf Gommers <ralf.gommers at googlemail.com>
>> wrote:

>> > As the original author, do you have a specific reference on which the
>> > implementation was based? The references I added didn't really address
>> > the
>> > multivariate case.
>>
>> I don't exactly know what I was looking at at the time, but here is a
>> reference that reproduces the formulae. Go down to Section 3.6.2.1.
>>
>> http://fedc.wiwi.hu-berlin.de/xplore/ebooks/html/spm/spmhtmlnode18.html
>>
> Thanks.

I'm attaching an example here because it's the fastest way for me to
post a script.

subclassing current gaussian_kde without calling any underlined,
private method.
I think subclassing this way is ruled out by current PR.

This is just a simple case that doesn't try to update the bandwidth.

Josef