[SciPy-Dev] Possible bug in SLSQP

Nils Wagner nwagner at iam.uni-stuttgart.de
Tue Feb 28 13:42:47 EST 2012

Hi all,

I tried slsqp to solve an optimization problem.

Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "test_slsqp.py", line 63, in <module>
     x_opt=fmin_slsqp(func2,x0,bounds=bounds)
   File
"/home/nwagner/local/lib64/python2.7/site-packages/scipy/optimize/slsqp.py",
line 184, in fmin_slsqp
     full_output=full_output)
   File
"/home/nwagner/local/lib64/python2.7/site-packages/scipy/optimize/slsqp.py",
line 309, in _minimize_slsqp
     raise IndexError('SLSQP Error:  If bounds is
specified, '
IndexError: SLSQP Error:  If bounds is specified,
bounds.shape[1] == len(x0)

How should I define the box constraints for slsqp ? It
seems to be not unique for different optimizers in scipy.

Nils