[SciPy-Dev] ANN: SciPy 0.10.1 release candidate 1

Pauli Virtanen pav at iki.fi
Tue Feb 14 17:33:39 EST 2012

Hi,

14.02.2012 22:54, Samuel John kirjoitti:
[clip]
> Concerning arpack: I'm afraid that the arpack issues prevail in 0.10.1rc1.
> I beg you to fix these (I am not able to).
> scipy.test() log at https://gist.github.com/1830780

Thanks. The issues remaining seem to have just to do with the fact that
iterative inversion inside iterative eigenvalue problem solver is too
inaccurate in single precision (or, the tolerances used in the test are
not OK). I think we'll just disable these tests for rc2, like here:

    https://github.com/pv/scipy-work/tree/bug/arpack-tol-0101

The ARPACK routines themselves run all the time in double precision, and
the double precision test suite appears to pass without problems, so
everything should be OK.

	Pauli