[SciPy-Dev] BSP interface in the SciPy.

Edward J. Yoon edwardyoon at apache.org
Mon Feb 13 03:19:28 EST 2012

Hmm, yes. I just looked again, it's my misreading. It looks like a
part of Scientific, not a SciPy.

But if you have some interested in figuring out whether we can
collaborate on high-performance parallel processing, let's continue
discuss here :)

Thanks!

On Mon, Feb 13, 2012 at 3:11 PM, Ralf Gommers
<ralf.gommers at googlemail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Feb 13, 2012 at 6:56 AM, Edward J. Yoon <edwardyoon at apache.org>
> wrote:
>>
>> Hi community,
>>
>> My name is Edward, and I'm a committer of Apache Hama project[1] which
>> is a Bulk Synchronous Parallel framework for massive scientific
>> computation on top of Hadoop[2].
>>
>> Today, I just noticed that there's a BSP interface based on BSPLib in
>> the SciPy, and thought maybe we could work together, on supporting
>> SciPy programs to run on existing Hadoop YARN[3] or Hama cluster.
>

> To anyone else who can't find this interface: this is actually in
> Scientific, not SciPy. It looks like the source of Scientific is not even
> publicly available anymore, all I can find is one non-working sourceforge
> link.
>
> Ralf
>

>> I would like to know if anyone would be willing to participate in this
>> project.
>>
>> Thanks!
>>
>> 1. http://incubator.apache.org/hama/ or check more recent
>> 2. http://hadoop.apache.org/