[SciPy-Dev] ANN: SciPy 0.10.0 beta 2

Stéfan van der Walt stefan at sun.ac.za
Sun Sep 18 21:04:33 EDT 2011

On Sun, Sep 18, 2011 at 2:44 PM, Christoph Gohlke <cgohlke at uci.edu> wrote:
> The second part of my comment was more a reminder of the fact that for
> example:
> True
>
> To me it does not look like that ndimage was designed to reliably
> interpolate integer numbers > 2**53. Maybe I am wrong. Is there a test
> for that?

I think the test originated because of a bug where, even if the output
dtype was uint64, 32-bit integers wrapped.  We could therefore modify
the test to work on numbers closer to that upper limit; however, since
the current test doesn't evaluate elements but simply determines
whether they are in the 64-bit range, I think we're ok.

Regards
Stéfan