[SciPy-Dev] removing netcdf_variable from netcdf.__all__

Benjamin Root ben.root at ou.edu
Tue Sep 13 12:57:26 EDT 2011

On Tue, Aug 30, 2011 at 11:48 AM, Ralf Gommers
<ralf.gommers at googlemail.com>wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Question for users of scipy.io.netcdf: did you ever use netcdf_variable
> directly, or only via netcdf_file.createVariable? The documentation says
> that the latter is the only intended use, which means that this class
> shouldn't be in __all__. https://github.com/scipy/scipy/pull/67 removes it
> (and changes its __init__ in a non-backwards compatible way) - the patch
> looks correct but I want to double check that no one is using this class.
>
> Thanks,
> Ralf

Sorry for not replying earlier (I don't regularly track this list).  No, I
don't use netcdf_variable directly.  However, would the documentation for
the class's other methods still show up in the main documentation if you
remove it from __all__?

Ben Root