[SciPy-Dev] More scipy.test() failures

Pauli Virtanen pav at iki.fi
Tue Sep 6 16:19:10 EDT 2011

On Tue, 06 Sep 2011 21:14:28 +0200, Ralf Gommers wrote:
[clip]
> The second one I don't see, but it looks like the test tolerance being
> slightly too high.

One would need to bump the tolerance for 'F' by a factor of 5 to make
the test pass.

I'm not sure I'm fully comfortable doing that without looking, as I'm
not sure whether it's supposed to be more accurate or not. It's single
precision ok, but the error is ~ 15000*eps; or 5*sqrt(eps).

Maybe it's nevertheless best to just bump the tolerance --- it's not
probable that this is due to a real bug anywhere in the codebase.

    ***

Another BTW: what's the platform, and which BLAS/LAPACK libraries
are used?

	Pauli