[SciPy-Dev] scipy 0.10.0 release schedule update

Ralf Gommers ralf.gommers at googlemail.com
Sun Oct 30 15:41:51 EDT 2011

Hi all,

For those of you who are wondering what the status of the 0.10.0 release
is, we should have RC1 ready very soon. The blocker was/is that single
precision Arpack routines on OS X are completely broken. For now the plan
is to simply switch to double precision. See
https://github.com/scipy/scipy/pull/98

There was one other unresolved issue that came up for the beta release,
which is that on Windows there's a Cython bug which prevents compilation
with any released Cython version. We can't switch to the latest released
Cython + bugfix, because the io.matlab Cython files can't be compiled with
them: http://projects.scipy.org/scipy/ticket/1524. My assessment of this
issue is that it's not a blocker for the release. Please speak up if you
disagree.

Cheers,
Ralf