[SciPy-Dev] BSD C port of FFTPACK incl. bluestein algorithm

Dag Sverre Seljebotn d.s.seljebotn at astro.uio.no
Fri Nov 18 06:19:43 EST 2011

I've been in touch with Martin Reinecke, author of the libpsht code for
spherical harmonic transforms, about licensing issues.

libpsht itself will remain under the GPL, but he is likely to release
his C port of FFTPACK under BSD in the near future, as it is based on
the public domain FFTPACK.

I'm grateful for this change for my own purposes (allows releasing my
own competing SHT library under the BSD) -- but it could perhaps be
useful for NumPy or SciPy as well, depending on how complete the port
is? E.g., perhaps make numpy.fft more complete (is the
numpy.fft/scipy.fftpack split simply because of the Fortran dependency?).

Not sure about whether all of FFTPACK or a subset is included, but it
does include a Bluestein implementation in addition.

http://libpsht.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/libpsht/libfftpack/

Dag Sverre