[SciPy-Dev] scikit-morph

Nathan Faggian nathan.faggian at gmail.com
Sat May 14 09:35:30 EDT 2011

Hi,

I am really glad to get some responses so quickly.

Gael: I will follow up with Alexis - thats a great idea!

Ralf: I would still like to push the idea of having a separate scikit for this work.

What I would like the scikit to become is a collection of non-linear image registration algorithms, which is different to the warping that is described by the scikit image library.  Particularly, I would also like the scikit to support the design and evaluation of registration algorithms . Actually, maybe it is better that the scikit  is called scikit-register?

Something a bit different...

Does anyone else see some duplication between the scipy.ndimage and scikit.image?  Seems like morphological operators are defined in both?

-N