[SciPy-Dev] Discrete-time additions to scipy.signal

Jeffrey Armstrong jba at SDF.LONESTAR.ORG
Mon May 2 08:03:06 EDT 2011

On Sat, 30 Apr 2011, Ralf Gommers wrote:

> That was a good start. I've taken your discrete-time-signal branch,
> and did some more reorganizing to only have a few commits with no
> renames and deletions:
> https://github.com/rgommers/scipy/tree/armstrong-discrete. I then did
> some cleanups of cont2discrete in the last commit, to make the code
> cleaner.

I'll pull from here for any future work.  The cont2discrete function needs
some updates.  I have to admit I don't remember why I chose to use *args
on this function, but, for consistency with other LTI functions, it should
probably be combined into a single function again, but accept a tuple as
the system.  The tuple's length would then be checked to see if it's a
state-space model or a transfer function.

In regards to the permissions, I've been working on Windows, so the tests
were in fact executing on my end.  After reading your email, it did occur
to me that git was marking new files a "755", which was unexpected.  I'll
make sure it doesn't happen again.

As far as styling goes, I'll do my best to stick with best practices.
Sorry for any inconvenience.

-Jeff

Jeff Armstrong - jba at sdf.lonestar.org