[SciPy-Dev] Many errors/failures running scipy.test() using latest numpy and scipy

Pauli Virtanen pav at iki.fi
Thu Jun 30 16:22:58 EDT 2011

On Thu, 30 Jun 2011 13:20:37 +0200, Vincent Schut wrote:
[clip]
> anything I could do to diagnose this further?

This is a bit difficult, or at least time-consuming. One thing that
can be done is to diff the assembler output from Gfortran 4.6 and 4.4
of the iterative solvers, find the points where it differs, and then
check if the Fortran code does something suspicious at the
corresponding point.

If someone else wants to spend some quality time with assembler
listings before I find time etc. for this, please go ahead :)

> I'd like to have a working scipy again...

These failures have always been there, it's just that now
we have better test coverage so that we actually catch them...

	Pauli