[SciPy-Dev] Problem with form feed character in interpolate/polyint.py

Ralf Gommers ralf.gommers at googlemail.com
Sat Feb 19 22:32:12 EST 2011

On Sun, Feb 20, 2011 at 3:39 AM, Christoph Gohlke <cgohlke at uci.edu> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> when building scipy 0.9rc4 on Python 3.2rc3 the file interpolate/polyint.py
> gets truncated by the 2to3 tool at line 382, right before `class
> BarycentricInterpolator(object):`. Line 382 contains a ASCII form feed
> (0x0C) character. Removing the form feed character fixes this issue (patch
> attached).
>
> This is probably a bug in recent builds of Python 3.2.

This indeed wasn't an issue with Python 3.2rc1. But it doesn't matter,
we'd better fix it anyway. The extra half a day doesn't matter so much
now, looks like we missed the Ubuntu deadline in any case. I'll commit
your patch, backport r7144 that Bruce indicated and tag rc5 today.

Are you filing a bug report against 3.2rc3?

Cheers,
Ralf