[SciPy-Dev] ANN: SciPy 0.9.0 release candidate 2

Charles R Harris charlesr.harris at gmail.com
Wed Feb 2 12:57:43 EST 2011

On Tue, Feb 1, 2011 at 10:36 PM, Ralf Gommers
<ralf.gommers at googlemail.com>wrote:

> On Wed, Feb 2, 2011 at 1:11 PM, Ralf Gommers <ralf.gommers at googlemail.com>wrote:
>

>> On Wed, Feb 2, 2011 at 12:57 PM, Charles R Harris <
>> charlesr.harris at gmail.com> wrote:

>>> I think it needs to be fixed as it is a bug. The problem is that ndimage
>>> checks types, but only by Int16, Int32, etc. On 32 bit systems and windows
>>> Int32 is a long (type# 7) and integers (type# 5), are treated as
>>> unrecognized types even though they are the same thing. Ndimage should
>>> accept both types.
>>>
>>> I'm still a bit puzzled about why it's only failing after the recent
>> changes in numpy master.
>>
>> Sounds like it's a bug, but it's not a regression and we are at rc2 right
>> now. Do you (or does someone else) have time to fix it in the next week or
>> so? The other option is to fix it in 0.9.1, which can come out at the same
>> time as numpy 1.6.0.
>>

> Sorry, I hadn't noticed that there's already a patch attached to
> http://projects.scipy.org/numpy/ticket/1724
> If you could review and commit it, that would be great though.

I've gone ahead and committed it to the trunk in r7120, the decision to
backport it or not I'll leave to you. It could probably be made a bit more
bombproof with respect to integers but I think it covers all the platforms
I'm familiar with. We can make things more determinate for numpy 2.0.

Chuck