[SciPy-Dev] ANN: SciPy 0.9.0 release candidate 2

Charles R Harris charlesr.harris at gmail.com
Tue Feb 1 23:57:35 EST 2011

On Tue, Feb 1, 2011 at 9:04 PM, Ralf Gommers <ralf.gommers at googlemail.com>wrote:

> On Mon, Jan 31, 2011 at 11:01 PM, Charles R Harris <
> charlesr.harris at gmail.com> wrote:
>

>>   On Sun, Jan 30, 2011 at 6:50 PM, Ralf Gommers <
>> ralf.gommers at googlemail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I am pleased to announce the availability of the second release candidate
>>> of SciPy 0.9.0. This will be the first SciPy release to include support
>>> for Python 3 (all modules except scipy.weave), as well as for Python 2.7.
>>>
>>> Due to the Sourceforge outage I am not able to put binaries on the normal
>>> download site right now, that will probably only happen in a week or so. If
>>> you want to try the RC now please build from svn, and report any issues.
>>>
>>> Changes since release candidate 1:
>>> - fixes for build problems with MSVC + MKL (#1210, #1376)
>>> - fix pilutil test to work with numpy master branch
>>> - fix constants.codata to be backwards-compatible
>>>

>> I think there should be a fix for ndarray also, the problem with type 5
>> (int) not being recognized is that it checks for Int32, which on some (all?)
>> 32 bit platforms is a long (7) rather than an int. I think this is a bug and
>> it will cause problems with numpy 1.6.
>>
> You mean ndimage I guess. I don't really understand your explanation, if
> that's the case then those ndimage tests should have been failing before,
> right?
>
> If this needs to be fixed in scipy then we need an RC3. I would like to get
> that out by the 12th or so if possible.

I think it needs to be fixed as it is a bug. The problem is that ndimage
checks types, but only by Int16, Int32, etc. On 32 bit systems and windows
Int32 is a long (type# 7) and integers (type# 5), are treated as
unrecognized types even though they are the same thing. Ndimage should
accept both types.

Chuck