[SciPy-Dev] Removing numscons, adding bento scripts to main branch ?

David Cournapeau cournape at gmail.com
Sat Aug 27 06:28:14 EDT 2011

Hi there,

I am finally at a stage where bento can do most of what numscons could
do. I would rather avoid having 3 different set of build scripts
(distutils+bento+numscons) to maintain in the long term, so I would
favor removing numscons scripts from numpy and scipy.

I was thinking about keeping maybe numscons scripts for one release
for both numpy/scipy, with a warning about their deprecation, and then
removing them one release later.

Does that sound ok with everyone ?

cheers,

David