[SciPy-Dev] scipy.stats

Charles R Harris charlesr.harris at gmail.com
Mon May 31 17:16:42 EDT 2010

On Mon, May 31, 2010 at 2:59 PM, David Goldsmith <d.l.goldsmith at gmail.com>wrote:

> I don't think I'm being unjustly personal: I think if certain parties (is
> that unpersonal enough?) flaunt community standards of practice, then they
> should be called out on it - what other teeth does a policy in this sort of
> community have?  But if I'm mistaken about this Policy not yet having been
> promulgated/accepted, i.e., if there is no infraction on account of a
> technicality, then please, say so: I'll happily retract my accusation and
> apologize.

But that doesn't give you free rein to indulge in psychoanalysis as to
motives and such. What we have here is a set of insufficiently discussed and
documented last minute commits to deal with. I can sympathize with Josef
because stats has been his baby and these commits have bypassed his quality
control and made work for him. I got a similar complaint from Pierre when I
went a bit too far in touching masked arrays. We are a rather loose
community without much in the way of rules or means to enforce them, so we
have to work things out as we go. To that end it helps if the rhetoric stays
on the cool side.

<snip>

Chuck