[SciPy-Dev] deprecations - things to remove before 0.8.0

Matthew Brett matthew.brett at gmail.com
Thu May 27 21:11:28 EDT 2010

Hi,

> The less thinking I have to do about things that don't matter, the
> better I feel. Glyph Lefkowitz likens this to the rigorous Suzuki
> Method of learning violin:
>
>  http://glyf.livejournal.com/58626.html
>
> There are exceptions, of course, but the ones that are worth breaking
> a policy for are really obvious and won't be blindly ignored just
> because we have a policy.

Right.  Thanks - that's interesting and helpful.

>From my side, I only ask, humbly, for something less abrasive as a
first response.   I mean, instead of 'I see no reason...', something
like, 'I don't think your argument justifies...'  The second is
absolutely fair enough, and the first implies that I was talking
nonsense.  Which you're welcome to imply of course, and if I'd had
less coffee, I'm sure I would not have replied ;)

Matthew