[SciPy-Dev] deprecations - things to remove before 0.8.0

Robert Kern robert.kern at gmail.com
Thu May 27 20:38:20 EDT 2010

On Thu, May 27, 2010 at 20:33, Matthew Brett <matthew.brett at gmail.com> wrote:
>> The reason to *follow* a rule is not the same reason for *instating*
>> the rule. We should follow the rules that we have agreed to because we
>> should make good on our promises. Otherwise, we might as well not make
>> those promises and make just make deprecation/removal decisions on a
>> case-by-case basis all the time.
>
> Surely you are not saying that you follow all instantiated rules
> blindly without thinking about their purpose?

I don't look for excuses to break them. I break them when it would be
Really Bad if I were to follow them. Generally, I simply try to make
good on my promises and not renege on them just because I *think* no
one will notice.

I will break rules/promises when they are in tension with other
promises. This is not such a case.

--
Robert Kern

though it had an underlying truth."