[SciPy-Dev] request review of some test cleaning

Warren Weckesser warren.weckesser at enthought.com
Thu May 27 12:52:47 EDT 2010

Ralf Gommers wrote:
> Hi, can I ask for a review of this:
> http://github.com/rgommers/scipy/tree/cleantests
> Should be very quick.
>
> Summary of changes:
> linalg: remove warnings about flapack/clapack being empty, and silence
> funm/signm tests.

+1.  You probably noticed that those three tests of signm aren't
finished--they don't actually test anything.

On my "to do" list for scipy.linalg is the issue of the 'disp' argument
and return values of funm, logm, signm and sqrtm.  It would be nice to
just get rid of the 'disp' argument.  But that issue will have to wait
until 0.9.

> stats: http://projects.scipy.org/scipy/ticket/1147

+1

> weave: remove, or change to warnings, some printed messages.

github suddenly got slow, so I haven't looked at these changes.  But in
principle, removing or replacing print statements gets a +1.