[SciPy-Dev] Regenerating Swig-generated files with Swig 1.3.40 ?

David Cournapeau david at silveregg.co.jp
Sun Mar 28 22:04:30 EDT 2010

Hi,

I would like to know if there is any objection to regenerate the swig
source files with the last SWIG ? I have started working on py3 support
for scipy, and the recent SWIG have added support for py3 compatibility
(>= 1.3.37, we currently use 1.3.36). The main drawback I can see is
that it would require people to build their own swig if they want to
modify the code, as few distributions support such recent swig releases.

cheers,

David