[SciPy-Dev] Doc error in scipy.optimize.fmin and missing info in ref guide

David Goldsmith d.l.goldsmith at gmail.com
Sun Mar 21 18:58:05 EDT 2010

On Sun, Mar 21, 2010 at 2:14 PM, Rob Clewley <rob.clewley at gmail.com> wrote:
> David,
>
>> Rob: since no one else (besides Josef of course) is chiming in (in
>> particular, to "block"), may I suggest/request that you:
>>
>> 0) file an "enhancement" ticket for this improvement;
>
> Done

Great, thanks!

>> 1) if you have the time and wherewithal, "own" the ticket, implement
>> the improvement (taking care to do so in such a way that the
>> function's extant API is not broken), and submit your patch;
>
> I don't see how to take ownership on the trac site. Please direct me!

Yeah, I'm not getting an "Assign to" field either, nor could I readily
find instructions vis-a-vis gaining ownership privileges: my guess is
that you have to ask for "assume ownership" privileges (presumably
here) and, assuming they're granted, when you re-login and visit the
ticket's page, then you'll see the "Assign to" drop down w/ your
account name in it.  (This said, it appears that you can submit a
patch w/out having to claim ownership, so I imagine you could treat
this entire step as optional.)

>> If you need guidance in any of this (e.g., locating the scipy
>> developer's Trac page whereon tickets are filed) - or are just to
>> swamped - let me know and I'll be happy to help.  Thanks for reporting
>> this.
>
> I am pretty swamped but sooner or later I will feel the OCD take over
> and do something about it. Of course others are welcome in the
> meantime.

Of course. ;-)

Thanks again!

DG