[SciPy-Dev] stats.sem default ddof

Angus McMorland amcmorl at gmail.com
Thu Jun 24 07:41:51 EDT 2010

Hi all,

I had a look at the stats.sem docstring this morning, and noticed that
the default value for the ddof argument is 1. While this might be the
most commonly used value for SEM, the default in numpy.std is 0, and
I'd thought I'd see whether you think consistency or ease-of-use is
the rule to follow here.

I can't remember (and my laptop battery is about to go flat) but I'm
guessing that the rewritten stats.nanstd will have ddof=0 as the
default(?)

... I've also just noticed that stats.tsem doesn't have the usual ddof
and axis keywords at all - I think this should be changed.

I can file tickets if we think that's the way to go.

Best,

Angus.
--
AJC McMorland